On cold days, on rainy days, on sunny days, or cloudy days, I will always be in the mood for a smoothie. In fact, the jury is still out on whether I consume more smoothies in winter months or summertime.
On a slightly related side note:
there was a lot of mud from the previous night’s rain when I made this smoothie bowl. I didn’t let that stop me from marching outside in my boots to snap a picture. 🙂 The lighting is much better outdoors! Plus, my neighbors would probably wonder where I’m at if they didn’t see me go outside to take a picture of my breakfast. You know, ‘cause that’s the usual these days.
Anyway, this photo is from a while back but I’ve had this for breakfast a number of times since. I rarely make the same smoothie twice but there is something particularly crave-worthy about blueberries that makes me want to have them in a smoothie several days in a row. This simple smoothie is the best way to make that happen.
- 1 medium to large banana, frozen
- ¾ cup of blueberries, frozen
- ¼ cup of canned coconut milk
- 1 serving of protein powder (optional)
- Toppings: granola, blueberries, ground flax, coconut flakes
- If using protein powder, add that to the blender first, followed by the coconut milk and frozen fruit.
- The smoothie might be tough to blend but it's perfectly thick with a small amount of liquid. Add a tablespoon of additional milk to the blender if the mixture is not budging.
- Scoop the smoothie contents into a bowl and add the recommended toppings, or, simply some coconut flakes to jazz up the tropical factor.